Barefoot Blooms – Elegant & Vibrant Floral Arrangements
- Specializing in weddings, special occasions, holidays, & everyday flowers
- Typically, we service weddings and special events in and around HRM, throughout the Annapolis Valley, into Truro, and along both the South Shore and Hants Shore...and we have been known to send our wedding and special event flowers to venues as far away as Cape Bretonn
- For our first face-to-face meeting to discuss wedding or other larger special event flowers, we come to you!
- Market flowers available at Alderney Landing in Dartmouth and Seaport Market in Halifax(March-December)
- We take individual floral arrangement orders - contact us through Facebook or see our on-line order form on our website
Barefoot Blooms is a full service wedding and special events florist and flower farm that embraces organic and sustainable farming practices. We provide everything from design consultation to delivery!
With an abundance of flowers to choose from our gardens and greenhouse spaces in and around Summerville, Hants County there are always flowers blooming to suit your special event theme, colour scheme, taste and budget. Through the winter we continue to harvest fresh greenery and berries, use our own fresh flowers when available and dried flowers from the previous season, and are committed to selecting flowers with a smaller ecological footprint if we decide to purchase fresh flowers from a floral distributor.
Barefoot Blooms typically serve special event clients from Halifax, Hants, Kings, Annapolis & Lunenburg counties, though we have worked remotely with clients from Calgary to Texas. Our special event flowers are carefully packaged and delivered to weddings across the province, from Yarmouth to Cape Breton!
Ever wondered why the arrangements you see in magazines look so great when you struggle to put together a vase of flowers? The answer is simple. There are a few tips, tricks and techniques that the pros use to ensure that every arrangement looks great and has maximum visual impact.
Barefoot Blooms offers you the opportunity to learn tricks from a pro. Join our owner and head flower arranger Denise Stockdale to get the inside scoop on creating your own breathtaking bouquets. And while you are learning about flower arranging you can also learn the dos and don'ts of organic flower gardening.
Contact us to arrange a farm and garden tour.Are you a school group?
Denise has over 15 years of youth education experience, both within and beyond the walls of the traditional classroom. Familiar with all grade levels of Nova Scotia’s curricula, Denise is an excellent resource to help you create a curriculum-aligned, experiential workshop that fits your outcome requirements. Ecology, the study of life, the economics of agriculture and agro-industry, mathematics, health, art…it all can be found in the gardens of Barefoot Blooms!