Fundy Treasures – Created from a love of the Bay of Fundy and its surrounding landscape
Fundy Treasures was created from a love of the Bay of Fundy and its surrounding landscape. Not only is the Bay of Fundy home to the world's highest tides but also to some of the world's most beautiful agate, which also happens to be Nova Scotia's official gemstone.
Brian is from Joggins originally, has a background in geology, has been fossil hunting and rockhounding for 25 years, and also had experience in tourism and a passion for local history. Laura, who has a background in education, comes from Berwick. Having both grown up in small communities along the Bay of Fundy, the landscape of the Bay inspires our products and services. After living abroad for some years, we both found we had developed a greater appreciation of home, and found ways to translate that passion for the region into our business.
Our home, also our storefront, is known as the old Glebe House built in 1885 and previously owned by the Saint Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church. The Glebe house was once the home of Father J.D. Curry who lived there for 65 years as priest of the Catholic church. This historic house also happens to be the location where Carson and Marion Murray, Anne Murray's parents, were married!
Location; 107 Highway 242, Joggins Nova Scotia
Phone; (902) 664-9697
You can also find our products at these stores in Nova Scotia;
- Bay Ferries MV Fundy Rose Ferry- Digby to Saint John crossing
- Amherst Shore Country Store- 6528 Hwy 366, Amherst, N.S.
- TWM Woodworking Local Handmade Crafts-19 Aberdeen St., Kentville, N.S.
- Joggins Fossil Centre- 100 Main St., Joggins, N.S.
- The Good Ship- 139 Montague St., Lunenburg, N.S.
- Buds to Blossoms- 104 Victoria St., Amherst, N.S.
- Days of Yore- 237 Main St.. Parrsboro, N.S.
- Ocean Zn Gift Shop and Decor- 1987 Rte 359, Centerville NS
- Maritime Mosaic- 50 Church St. Amherst, N.S.
- The Freight Shed- 7895 Highway 7, Musquodoboit Harbour, N.S.
- THE BOUTIQUE GRAND-PRÉ- Grand-Pre National Historic Site, Grand-Pre, N.S.
- The Trainyard General Store- 53 Portland Street, Dartmouth, N.S. Coming soon!
Our Bay of Fundy stone guitar picks and Blomidon Bling jewelry line are both made from stone we source ourselves along the Bay. We also make a line of 100% soy wax candles handmade using fine fragrance and essential oils. Our original Fundy Treasure candles each contain a polished agate and beach glass all sourced along the Bay by ourselves. We have a few more candle collections we’ll be introducing in the coming weeks including a Special Occasion collection (weddings, birthdays, anniversaries) as well as a Hidden Gemstone collection. We also have an East Coast Storm Candle, a special Canada 150 candle and an Oak Island Mystery candle. We have 7.5 oz wooden wick and 4 oz cotton wick candles available as well as melts.
We also offer world class guided tours of the Joggins UNESCO Fossil Cliffs and our gift shop features a wide array of products including unique one of a kind items and tourist souvenirs. We aim to offer you the best possible adventure tourism experience at an affordable price. This is a must see destination as you explore the scenic Glooscap Trail on your next visit to Nova Scotia!
- Thoroughly enjoyed my visit to the shop today! I had a great chat with Brian and I am so happy he has taken a keen interest in promoting the history of an area that is very special to me and my family.
- Loved how unique these are! Bought it at Christmas at the Coliseum, and will definitely buy again, all the scents are amazing!
- The mineral tour we had with brian was amazing. well worth the 2 hour drive we took to get there. the whole group had fun and found all kinds of treasures. give the tour a go, you will not be disappointed.
- I can't get enough of your wonderful candles...Apple pie, Sleigh ride, almond, vanilla I don't have a favorite ....as I love them all. I have sent candles all across Canada as Christmas gifts because when you love something you should always share it. Thank-you for making these fabulous candles!
- Awesome customer service. I love my necklace! Thanks