Kentville Farmers Market
Year-round the market operates on Wednesdays from 10am to 2pm, May to October – Kentville Centre Square, November to April – 38 Cornwallis Street Kentville.
The Kentville Farmers Market began in 2007 as a joint project of the Town of Kentville and the Wolfville Farmers’ Market. With 10-15 vendors gathering each week under the gazebo in Centre Square, we slowly began to transform this historical downtown “heart of Kentville” into a weekly gathering space for our community.
After four steady and successful years of growth, the market became its own entity in 2011, and is now a joint project of the Town of Kentville and the Kentville Farmers Market and Community Garden Society.
During the outdoor season, our market boasts 20 to 30 vendors weekly, a commitment to 100% local Nova Scotian product, weekly live music, showcasing of local not-for-profit organizations, an information booth, market store, ample free parking, customer bistro seating and a great excuse to spend a Wednesday in Kentville!
Our vendors bring a wide range of products to our market, with an emphasis on local production and locally-sourced ingredients for both artisan and food producers. On any given day, you are likely to find a wide and inspiring selection of
- Freshly-picked vegetables, herbs, fruits and other produce;
- Home-baking, sweets, desserts, and French and German bakery breads and specialties;
- Local meats, sausages, and eggs;
- Plants, flowers, bedding plants, and seeds;
- Fair-trade coffee, organic tea, and local wines
- Several unique and ethnic lunch and prepared food items;
- Artisan-quality craftware and jewelry;
- Gifts, children’s wear, souvenirs, textiles, and photography;
- Bath and body care, soaps, and herbal products;
- Jams, jellies, and preserves;
- and always much, much more!
To provide residents and tourists of Kings County with fresh, healthy, locally made food, produce, farm products, and artisan wares in a fun, festive, busy downtown location.